Thank you so much to all the many teachers who were able to make it to our 3rd PLC session today! I know Friday afternoon is a hard one and I really appreciate you taking the time to engage in this voluntary professional learning when we all have so many other things to do.
I am especially deeply grateful for your patience and support during the tech problems we inevitably face during these sessions, which are largely because we are all learning to use unfamiliar tools and do things which haven't been done in our school before. Sometimes it can be a struggle, but I think we all do a great job of struggling through together and I hope everyone learns something they can take forward and use in their classrooms.
The main points today were:
- ICT integration means using ICT as a tool to enhance learning across the curriculum
- We talked about how planning for effective integration of an ICT tool looks the same as planning for any learning engagement - what scaffolding and support would your students need to, for example, create a story on paper? They will need that same scaffolding and support to create a story digitally too
- We used Verso to give feedback on our ideas and learned how it can be used to let students give anonymous feedback in class
- The teachers signed up for Adobe Voice and made their own Voice project
- We learned how to export a Voice project to SeeSaw.
Below are the slides from today's session, which include lots and lots of videos and information, so please feel free to share them and refer back to them.
There is a lot of information about Adobe Voice in the How To Use...Adobe Voice section, from what it is, how to plan and scaffold it in class to how to export finished products to SeeSaw.
Have a great weekend!